If you require a more extensive restoration than a crown or have more than one tooth that needs to be repaired, a good solution is a bridge. Here is how they work:
- Bridges are usually made of a precious metal base, which gives them a solid structure and makes them hard-wearing. If you need a bridge in your smile line, porcelain is usually added to the base to make it look more like real teeth.
- A bridge helps to strengthen the prepared teeth and makes chewing and eating easier because they are fixed and can't come out.
- Some bridges can also be fixed to your jaw with dental implants, if you have several teeth next to each other that are missing.
Once you have a bridge fitted, you will have to take extra care during your daily hygiene regime to ensure it stays plaque free and does not cause bad breath.
- A sturdy way to restore several teeth in a row.
- Beautiful, natural-looking restoration.
- Restores the ability to chew and eat as before.